A former Tulsan, I’ve called Colorado Springs home since 2007. I love hiking 14ers, but am no technical climber. Hobbies include hiking, camping, vegetable gardening, and writing. Sadly, I used to include tennis on that list. I guess there’s always pickleball!
Birthday: September 11
Birthplace: Tulsa, OK
Current Residence: Colorado Springs, CO
College: Oklahoma State
High School: Holland Hall
Relationship Status: Married to an amazing woman!
Political Views: Fiscally Conservative, Socially Responsible, Frustrated with All Politicians.
Religious Views: I find wisdom in many, but follow only Jesus.
Favorite Music: Southern Rock, Blue Grass, Rocked-Out Old Hymns
Movies that Make Me Cry:
- It’s a Wonderful Life (one day, sooner or later, God will show us whose lives we’ve touched in a positive way)
- Gladiator (a man’s man, dying for a righteous cause)
- Paddington 1 (and Paddington 2) (seriously, you need to watch these movies)
- Babe (a farmer sticks to his guns, when everyone else doubts him)
- Elf (no one believes him until they witness the truth)
- Homeward Bound (I loved showing this movie on overnight bus trips to unsuspecting teens . . . I would flip the interior lights on at the most heartwarming moment in the movie, and the toughest kids on the bus were wiping tears from their eyes)
Favorite Books: Disappointment with God, Into Thin Air, When You Can’t Come Back, Lindbergh, The Fourth Turning, Messy Spirituality, The Hiding Place, The Chronicles of Narnia, Rainbow Six.
Favorite Quote: “There are two ways to get enough: One is to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.” – G.K. Chesterton